- "On Grounds" (on campus) housing options
- Off-Grounds housing options for transfer and graduate students
Dining Plans: Sign up here
Travel to Charlottesville
Fly directly to Charlottesville Albemarle Airport, located 15 minutes away from UVA
Fly to Dulles International Airport near Washington, D.C.
- Airport transportation (most are applicable to Charlottesville Albemarle Airport, as well)
- Getting from Dulles to Union Station in DC where you can take the train or bus to Charlottesville
Take the megabus from Dulles International Airport to Charlottesville
Take the train (Amtrak) to Charlottesville
Uber and Lyft provide service in Charlottesville
Paying Your Tuition and Fees
We recommend paying your tuition & fees to UVA using Flywire. Flywire allows you to pay in over 100 different currencies, save on bank fees and exchange rates, track your payment online, and have access to 24/7 multilingual customer service. Make your payment on UVA's International Payments page
Banking and Cell Phones
Transportation Around Grounds
Download the Transloc Rider App to your phone for real-time bus tracking
Transit information can also be found on UVA's Parking and Transportation page
- Other Transportation Services on Grounds
Global Greeters are UVA students who help international students settle in and acclimate to life in Charlottesville and at UVA. Keep up to date with our events here: Global Greeters 2022.
- Global Greeters cannot answer any questions related to visas, immigration, legal, or financial issues. Please direct any inquiries to an ISSP advisor or the International Studies Office.
Where can I find more information about Orientation?
- Summer Orientation FAQ's can be find here
- Questions not answered on the Orientation page? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where can I find information about housing?
- Move-in dates can be found here
- Other FAQ's and answers can be found here
- Questions not answered on the Housing page? Email email@example.com