FOR PARTNER INSTITUTIONS
The study abroad advisor should submit nominated students for the exchange by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include student's name gender, email address, major field of study, preferred school of enrollment at UVa and semester(s) of study
Nominations are due:
Fall 2023 semester - March 1, 2023
Spring 2024 semester - October 1, 2023
Complete the Exchange Student Application through our admissions system
Applications are due:
Fall 2023: March 15, 2023
Spring 2024: October 15, 2023
You will need to upload the following required documents with your application submission:
* Copy of most recent transcript or record of college level work completed and/or in progress at your home institution.
* Letter of recommendation from your academic advisor or a faculty member that can attest to your academic abilities and emotional maturity in terms of being prepared to undertake a demanding course of study in a foreign country.
* If your first language is not English, or if the language of instruction at your home institution is not English, please attach the results of a recent TOEFL test. A score may not be more than two years old. Most admitted students attain a total score of at least 600 on the PBT TOEFL, 250 on the CBT TOEFL, or 7.0 on the IELTS. The University expects individuals who take the iBT TOEFL to earn a score of at least 22 in writing, 22 in speaking, 23 in reading, and 23 in listening (total score: 90). Some schools and departments may require higher scores for admission.
Exchange students are enrolled in one of the following Schools of Enrollment at UVa based on the major field of study at the home institution AND the terms of the bi-lateral exchange agreement with your school:
- School of Architecture
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Curry School of Education
** Enrollment in the following schools is limited to partner institutions with separate specific exchange agreements. Please check with your study abroad advisor before selecting your school of enrollment.
- School of Nursing**
- McIntire School of Commerce**
- School of Law**
- Darden School of Business (contact Darden directly for application procedures)**