March 4, 2023
Travel Signature Requirements
Traveling internationally over break? Travel Signatures can be requested by completing the "I-20 Reprint Request" (F-1) or "Request Travel Signature" (J-1) on ISSP Connect.
Documents needed before entry to the U.S:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- Review CDC Travel Requirements before re-entering the United States
- Valid Passport
- Valid F-1 or J-1 Visa
- I-20/DS-2019 signed for travel.
- We encourage students to obtain travel signatures every semester. If you have a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 this semester, you do not need to request another travel signature.
- For students on OPT, travel signatures are valid for 6 months.
- EAD and proof of employment, if on F-1 OPT
F-1 Students and Form I-20:
- The digital signature from your DSO is acceptable, but you must print your I-20 and sign with wet ink. I-20 stored on your phone or other electronic device is NOT permitted. You must have a hard copy of your I-20 upon entry.
J-1 Students and Scholars and Form DS-2019:
- You should already have a hard copy with a wet signature, which will need to include a travel signature in the Travel Validation by an ISO advisor. Please complete a travel signature request in ISSP Connect.