Travel Signature Requirements
Traveling internationally over Summer Break? Travel Signatures can be requested by completing the "I-20 Reprint Request" (F-1) or "Request Travel Signature" (J-1) on ISSP Connect.
Documents needed before entry to the U.S:
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status
- Review CDC Travel Requirements before re-entering the United States
- Valid Passport
- Valid F-1 or J-1 Visa
- I-20/DS-2019 signed for travel.
- We encourage students to obtain travel signatures every semester. If you have a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 this semester, you do not need to request another travel signature.
- For students on OPT, travel signatures are valid for 6 months.
- EAD and proof of employment, if on F-1 OPT
F-1 Students and Form I-20:
- The digital signature from your DSO is acceptable, but you must print your I-20 and sign with wet ink. I-20 stored on your phone or other electronic device is NOT permitted. You must have a hard copy of your I-20 upon entry.
J-1 Students and Scholars and Form DS-2019:
- You should already have a hard copy with a wet signature, which will need to include a travel signature in the Travel Validation by an ISO advisor. Please complete a travel signature request in ISSP Connect.
Additional Travel Information
- If you are required to test before you depart the United States, please review this Student Health and Wellness info sheet.
- Airbus will be running bus services at the end of the semester from UVA to Washington Dulles and Richmond International Airports. Services will run on Saturday, May 7th, 2022, Friday, May 13th, 2022, and Saturday, May 14th, 2022. All three bus services are expected to leave at 8:30 am from UVA grounds. To reserve your seat for only $10 to Richmond and $20 to Dulles, please fill out the Eventbrite form today! If you have any questions, please contact Harry Huang (email@example.com) and Adrian Mamaril (firstname.lastname@example.org).