Search This Site

A Division of the International Studies Office

Travel Signature Reminder

March 4, 2023

Travel Signature Requirements

Traveling internationally over break? Travel Signatures can be requested by completing the "I-20 Reprint Request" (F-1) or "Request Travel Signature" (J-1) on ISSP Connect.

Documents needed before entry to the U.S:

  • Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status 
  • Review CDC Travel Requirements before re-entering the United States
  • Valid Passport
  • Valid F-1 or J-1 Visa
  • I-20/DS-2019 signed for travel.
    • We encourage students to obtain travel signatures every semester. If you have a travel signature on your I-20 or DS-2019 this semester, you do not need to request another travel signature.
    • For students on OPT, travel signatures are valid for 6 months.
  • EAD and proof of employment, if on F-1 OPT

F-1 Students and Form I-20:

  • The digital signature from your DSO is acceptable, but you must print your I-20 and sign with wet inkI-20 stored on your phone or other electronic device is NOT permitted. You must have a hard copy of your I-20 upon entry.

J-1 Students and Scholars and Form DS-2019:

  • You should already have a hard copy with a wet signature, which will need to include a travel signature in the Travel Validation by an ISO advisor. Please complete a travel signature request in ISSP Connect.