Search This Site

A Division of the International Studies Office

Reporting Requirements

The US government requires all students and scholars in the US under either the F-1/F-2 or the J-1/J-2  visa status to report specific information including local US residential address, phone number and email, employment information and other changes to your research or program of studies (If on STEM OPT, see below.**).  Currently enrolled students should change their US address by updating the Mailing Address field in their student account in SIS.  

All others including graduated students currently on OPT, J-1 students and all J-1 scholars should use the appropriate link below  to report changes.  However, beginning March 23, 2018, all OPT students should register for a SEVP Portal account and report address and employment through the Portal.  All OPT students should log into the Portal to determine if your information is correct.

** Students on STEM OPT Extension: Do NOT use this portal for employment.  It may be used for address changes only.  Ending employment requires the Final Self-Evaluation from Form I-983.  New employment requires the Form I-983 for the new employment.  No changes can be made until the form are received.





On Grounds Student Employment

OPT Change of Address

Change of Address


Program Changes