Below are some opportunities for getting involved with the international students and scholars' community at UVA through ISO and other departments at UVA.
- Work at the IC - Every spring, the IC recruits new student staff to help organize and implement a variety of programs that showcase different cultures at UVA.
- Volunteer at the IC – Any members of the UVA and Charlottesville community can lead one-time programs (cooking class, cultural presentation, music/dance performance, arts & crafts, etc.)
- A student group that works with ISO to assist and welcome incoming students during the week of orientation in August.
- UVA students can apply to be a Global Greeter at the beginning of the spring semester.
- UVA students sign up to be paired as a “buddy” for an exchange student. The exchange students and UVA students are then matched – and are encouraged to meet to answer questions, hang out, and enjoy UVA and IBP events!
- UVA students can apply before each semester.
- Volunteer with VISAS to help prospective international TAs improve their language, intercultural communication and teaching skills and other international scholars and members of the UVA community with their language needs.
- UVA students can apply at the beginning of the fall semester.