Step 1: Mandatory ISO Document Check
All new international students holding all non-immigrant statuses are required to bring their legal documents and proof of the orientation quiz completion to the ISO upon your arrival in Charlottesville. This is required so that the ISO can determine your legal status and make copies for our records as required by U.S. law.
Students should bring the following to the ISO Document Check:
- Your passport with your visa stamp
- Your Admission Number print out.
- Your Forms I-20, DS-2019 or I-797
- Any receipt notices (Forms I-797C) for applications to change or extend status
- Certificate of Completion from online orientation quiz.
- New Student Check-In Sheet
When: 9 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday upon your arrival in Charlottesville
Where: 208 Minor Hall
Step 2: ISO Orientation Sessions
All new international students holding all non-immigrant statuses should attend a Registration Session. Please bring your legal documents and proof of the orientation quiz completion to the ISO upon your arrival in Charlottesville. The maintenance of your legal status is your responsibility. Attendance will maximize your chances of success while studying in the U.S.
Choose the Following Session (Dates and Times Subject to Change) :
Students Enrolling Spring 2018
January 16, 2018: New International Student Orientation All new international students should attend this Q&A session where the details of the online orientation, and other matters of interest will be discussed.
10:00 AM sharp; 130 Minor Hall [G,U]
- Failure To Submit Your Documents at the ISO Document Check Will Result In A Block On Your University Registration And May Potentially Result In A Loss of Your Legal Status In The U.S.